Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shapes and Sincerest Apologies

OKAY.....Please let me start by saying we really have been having school since Thanksgiving. I am so sorry to take so long with putting pictures on this blog but I have a really good excuse. I am a KINDERGARTEN teacher and not a COMPUTER WIZ. I got a new laptop and camera for Christmas and I am trying my best to learn how to copy, post, download, and save.
However, my perseverance has been rewarded. By George, I think I've got it. So now, here's what we have been up to since THANKSGIVING.



We reviewed shapes in Math by using our pegboards and rubber bands. I was amazed by their creativity.













This lead into our unit on 3D figures. Spheres, Cones, Cubes, Rectangular Prisms. Of course, they did and outstanding job. We spent Friday creating and playing and inventing with our newly learned shapes.

 Rachel, Lane, and Ashlin are having fun rolling the spheres down a ramp. Later we had marble races across the room.

 True used several shapes to build an awesome rocket!!!

 Jake loved playing with cubes. His creations are endless.

 Colby, Amaia, Ryan, and Dustin used Legos (Rectangular Prisms) to make......well, they had fun making something "cool that rolls."
 These little geniuses made up a bowling game with their shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment