Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Christmas Time and Pajama Day

I love Christmas! There is always so many fun activities to do and crafts to make. We went to see "A Child's Dream" at the BPAC. It was so much fun to see our friends on stage. Great Job Rachel, Lane, and True as well as all the others in the upper grades.

We started early making crafts and decorations for our room. We painted hand made cross ornaments. My favorite Christmas song by Go Fish is "It's About the Cross". We sing it in chapel every year.Hearing all the children singing...makes me cry... happy tears. (This was the inspiration for the ornaments.) If you haven't heard it, go to this link and listen. GoFish






 I thought I had a picture of the ornaments on our tree but I guess I didn't get one.  They turned out great.

 Pajama day was so much fun. We set up the projector in the room and invited the other 5Kers over and watched the movie on the wall. It was so cool!



The only thing we DIDN'T do on pajama day is take a nap but who ever heard at sleeping at a slumber party?







Thanks Jake for bringing Christmas Tree Rice Krispy Treats. YUM
 On our last day of school, we had an awesome chapel and then we went back to the room where we had a great Christmas party. Thank you Ann and all the parents who helped and attended that day.
 The kids divided into 3 groups. One group played pinned the nose on the snowman while another group played snowball toss. 

 The last group had the challenging task of putting on gloves, but wait, there's more. :o) Then they had to unwrap a Hershey kiss and eat it.

 As you can see, we didn't wear our uniforms this day. We got to wear our Christmas Tree T-Shirts we made earlier that week.








 You can't have a party and not have food. Well, you can but what's the point?




We also spent many hours these last few weeks practicing for our Christmas play. Sadly, that is the time when my first camera quit and before I got my new one. Needless to say I don't have ANY Christmas play photos. They did, however, do an awesome job that night.
Luke 2 The Birth of Jesus
Finally, Dustin shared with us the Bible verses that he had been practicing at home. We were very impressed and it just reminds me what these little guys are truly capable of doing.

3 comments: